Prostatitis over the past 20-30 years has significantly "younger". If at the end of the last century inflammation of the prostate gland was diagnosed mainly in men over the age of 40, today young people who are almost 30 years old face it. The reason for such changes in statistics are lifestyle changes in general and many traumatic factors, including phenomena that change the background of male hormones and cause circulatory instability in the pelvic organs and the body as a whole.
The main danger of prostatitis is its transition to a chronic form. At the same time, the risk of learning in the practice of what impotence, infertility, benign and malignant tumors of the prostate - adenomas and cancers - increased dramatically among representatives of the stronger sex. The tactics of treating this form are more complex, and the duration of therapy can take several years.
For the treatment of diseases that first appear, doctors adopt the use of new drugs for prostatitis, and even recommend their patients to use a variety of folk remedies. The broader the complex of therapy, the higher the likelihood that the disease will not turn into a lot of problems for men, which inevitably occurs in the chronic form of the disease.
What medications are needed for prostatitis
Any medication for prostatitis that can be boasted of as "the best" cannot be answered definitively, however, without many pharmaceutical and folk remedies, the effectiveness of treatment will tend to zero. That is why, after confirming the diagnosis, urologists recommend using several drugs with narrowly targeted effects for the treatment of men:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
Depending on the results of the analysis, multi -action drugs can be selected.
- antispasmodics and muscle relaxants;
- immune stimulants or immunoglobulins;
- antivirus agent;
Among other things, in the treatment of men diagnosed with prostatitis, drugs are widely used, including enzymes, trace elements and vitamins that normalize metabolic processes in the prostate gland.
All these drugs can be used for treatment in various forms:
- For oral administration - tablets, powders for the preparation of suspensions or solutions. Often, this group includes systemic antibiotics, immunomodulators and hormones.
- For local use - ointments, gels, rectal suppositories. This group of drugs includes analgesics, antispasmodics, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics.
- Solution for injection. This group includes almost all of these drugs for prostatitis with the exception of hormones.
What form of medication for the treatment of prostatitis is better used in a particular case, the doctor decides. So, according to the principles of classical therapy, in the acute form of the disease, not exacerbated by complications and corresponding diseases, preference is given to oral drugs - anti -inflammatory, analgesic and antimicrobial agents can be taken in tablet form. In the chronic course of the disease, as well as in the presence of complications or concomitant diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, doctors tend to prescribe topical agents and injections.
Preparations -complex or single -component drugs - the better
To the question of what should be a truly effective remedy for prostatitis - single -component or multi -component, one cannot give a vague answer. Each of these dosage forms has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages of complex drugs, which include anti-inflammatory components, analgesics, vitamins and minerals, as well as stimulants of metabolic processes and immunity in men, include:
- no need to use a lot of medication in various forms - just take one or two tablets or capsules daily;
- a more perfect formula, in which the components often contribute to a more complete absorption of the active ingredient;
- for treatment with complex preparations, which are based primarily on plant components, a prescription is not required, but physician approval is required;
- lower cost.
However, complex medications for men, which are often prescribed for the treatment of prostatitis, also have drawbacks:
- when it is taken, allergies occur more frequently;
- they have a broader list of contraindications;
- against the background of their intake, as a result of adverse reactions with other drugs often occur;
- forced intake of substances that do not play a major therapeutic role (e. g. , antispasmodic components for prostatitis occurring without significant spasm).
In some cases, taking a single -component medication is more effective than a multi -component medication.
Single -component setups also have disadvantages and advantages. The first includes:
- high overall cost of treatment;
- the need to take medication throughout the day, observing the interval between taking incompatible medications;
- high load on the digestive tract (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have a very strong negative effect on the stomach).
The advantage of treating men with a single -component agent is the ability to alter the intake of certain compounds that affect the symptoms and condition of the prostate, depending on the clinical picture.
What medications do doctors recommend for prostatitis: a list
Among the many drugs available in the pharmaceutical market, doctors most often prescribe the following drugs.
- Mostly fluoroquinolones.
- Covered penicillin in the form of tablets or daily injections.
Antibiotics for prostatitis can be used in various forms.
NSAIDs for prostatitis are prescribed to relieve pain, relieve itching, burning and heaviness in the perineum and lower back, and eliminate the inflammatory process. Drugs of this group block the body's immune response to pathological processes in the prostate, thereby stopping and eliminating the development of inflammation. NSAIDs are prescribed for any form of disease, but are not acceptable using self -medication! Uncontrolled intake of anti-inflammatory drugs "lubricates" the symptoms, making it difficult to diagnose and drown out the disease, exacerbating the pathology.
Muscle relaxation and antispasmodic
To relieve smooth muscle, adrenolytic is prescribed for the normal travel of urine. They perfectly cope with the task, tighten the muscles of the bladder, improve the nervous system, stop cramps and inflammation.
Hormones are prescribed if NSAIDs are ineffective. They are used mainly in the form of injections or in the form of transfusions.
Complex preparations for prostatitis
Comprehensive treatment of prostatitis necessarily includes taking medications to boost immunity. These can be both topical agents (rectal suppositories) and immunomodulators in tablets. The choice of medication is carried out only by a doctor.
Specific medications are selected by the doctor based on the condition of the man at the time of examination, as well as depending on the existing contraindications and indications. It is not recommended to use the information from this article for self -selection of drug complexes, as it is provided for informational purposes only.