Prostatitis is an inflammatory disease that is dangerous not only for its symptoms, such as pain, fever and the risk of pus, but also for its consequences. Among them are infertility, impotence, the formation of malignant tumors in the prostate tissue, the pathological transition to a chronic form and the spread of infection to all organs of the genitourinary system.
Many patients try to find a cure for prostatitis on their own, without using the help of a doctor, starting the condition and achieving the development of complications, such tactics are fundamentally wrong. It is easier and faster to cure the acute form of the disease, therefore, at the first suspicious signs that indicate the development of the pathology, it is necessary to seek help from a qualified specialist.
The main cause of acute inflammation of the prostate gland is considered to be a bacterial infection - it requires a mandatory prescription of antibiotics. Diseases in a chronic form are treated longer and more difficult - here doctors connect immunomodulators, candles, therapeutic massage and physiotherapy.
About what drugs are used to treat prostatitis, about the purpose of their appointment and the conditions for taking them - will be described in this material. It is an introduction, the list of drugs for prostatitis should not be taken as a guide to action, the final selection of therapy is carried out by the doctor.
An effective remedy for prostatitis, which develops against the background of bacterial infection, is, of course, antibiotics. Also, doctors prescribe drugs of this group not only for acute, but also for chronic forms of the disease, depending on the type of pathogen, clinical symptoms and taking into account the therapy that the patient has undergone before.
The selection of the appropriate drug is carried out after the analysis of the microflora taken from the urethral canal by scraping, as well as the results of blood tests by PCR and prostate secretions. Often, doctors choose the most effective drug for prostatitis from the following group of antibacterial drugs:
- fluoroquinolones - drugs based on levofloxacin, ofloxacin and ciprofloxacin;
- tetracycline drugs;
- cephalosporins - both for internal use and for intramuscular administration;
- protected penicillin;
It is necessary to tell in more detail about drugs against prostatitis from the listed groups, about the properties, characteristics and groups of microorganisms on which they act.
The fact is that these drugs have the maximum ability to be absorbed into the tissue of the prostate gland, creating a cumulative effect there and leading to the rapid relief of the inflammatory process.
Here is a list of drugs from the group of fluoroquinolones that are common to get rid of infectious prostatitis:
- Drugs based on levofloxacin. Effective against most pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis symptoms. The drug quickly penetrates into the prostate tissue, where its concentration becomes 4 times higher than in the blood. Under the influence of bacteria quickly die due to the destruction of the cell membrane. The disadvantage is the impossibility of use in tuberculosis, before use, it is necessary to carry out appropriate examinations.
- Medicines containing levofloxacin are available in tablet form. It concentrates in the cell membrane of pathogenic bacteria, quickly acts on ureaplasma, mycoplasma, anaerobes, gonococci and other gram-positive and gram-negative organisms.
- Drugs based on ciprofloxacin, show high activity against a large number of microorganisms that cause this disease. Its main advantage is considered to be a quick effect on the microbial flora, for which recovery occurs faster.
- An antibiotic with the active ingredient ciprofloxacin. It shows high resistance to bacteria that are not affected by drugs of other drug groups (penicillins, macrolides, tetracyclines). Accumulates in the prostate tissue, providing a quick lasting effect.
- Medicines for the treatment of prostatitis based on ofloxacin. It acts on a wide variety of pathogens, and it can be prescribed when complex treatment is required using drugs from the group of cephalosporins, macrolides and beta-lactam antibiotics.
Of course, antibiotics from the fluoroquinolone group are fast-acting cures for prostatitis, but you need to take the medicine in the full course recommended by your doctor. If the patient independently cancels the drug after the disappearance of the main symptoms of the disease, the infection becomes a latent (dormant) form and manifests itself in the form of exacerbation of chronic pathology.
Among the drugs of the antibacterial group, tetracyclines in the treatment of prostatitis began to be prescribed more or less often. This is due to the large number of side effects and poor patient tolerance. However, there is a drug that is effective against many pathogens and is recommended by doctors in the acute form of the disease.
The main advantage of the drug is the achievement of the maximum concentration of the active substance doxycycline in the tissue of the prostate gland after a few hours. Not recommended for patients with liver and kidney problems, as well as hypersensitivity to tetracyclines.
Preparations for the treatment of prostatitis in men from the cephalosporin group show high activity against various types of pathogens. This fund allows you to get rid of microbial flora and prostatitis caused by gonococci, E. coli, Trichomonas, Proteus, Klebsiella, enterobacteria and other pathogens.
A detailed list of contraindications for which cephalosporins should not be used in certain patients will be presented by the doctor, but in most cases these are problems with the liver and kidney systems, as well as hypersensitivity to this series of drugs.
Drugs for prostatitis from the protected penicillin group can be used to treat this disease depending on the results of the analysis for the type of pathogen and the determination of its sensitivity to drugs.
However, these drugs are very effective in the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, have low toxicity, penetrate well into the intracellular space and do not have an adverse effect on the intestinal microflora. Therefore, they are still used for complex therapy of prostate inflammation, often combined with cephalosporins.
Doctors also note that drugs from a number of macrolides are very effective at the post-care stage, that is, after completing the main course of therapy, for example, fluoroquinolones or cephalosporins.
List of popular drugs
The pharmaceutical market now offers many drugs, among which it is quite possible to choose an effective drug for prostatitis that affects a specific problem. So, the main complaints of men with this diagnosis are:
- pain syndrome;
- loss of full erectile function;
- problems with urination;
- pain and discomfort during intercourse;
- deterioration in general well-being, decrease in body defenses.
Doctors always warn patients that you don't know how many different chemical and herbal preparations, as well as dietary supplements are now sold to combat the listed symptoms of prostatitis.
But not every one of them will help a man overcome the disease, because the attending physician should choose drugs, taking into account the form and stage of prostatitis, the cause of its occurrence, clinical symptoms and the age of the patient. The following will be a list that lists the best, according to patients and doctors, medicines, but they should be used only on the recommendation of experts, taking into account the dosage and course of therapy.
What kind of medicine to take for prostatitis depends not only on the financial ability of the patient, but also on the manifestation of the disease, its form and stage. It is not recommended to buy medicine independently, even if it is of plant origin, without preliminary examination and consultation with a doctor, because there is no universal medicine for prostatitis that helps everyone without exception.
If the drug turns out to be effective for one man, it can only harm others, therefore, in the treatment of prostate inflammation, you need to be extremely careful and act together with a qualified specialist.