Prostatitis is diagnosed in men when acute or chronic inflammation of the prostate is detected. The disease can be triggered by both infectious and non-infectious factors - violation of prostate conservation, stagnant processes in the pelvis, decreased immunity, etc.
According to the latest data, about a third of men over 30 years old at least once face prostate inflammation, after 50 years the disease is diagnosed in more than 50% of the male population, and most of them are chronic diseases. shape. For this reasonprevention of prostatitis in menbeing one of the main measures aimed at maintaining health in adult men, as well as extending overall life expectancy, because prostatitis has very unfavorable complications, up to prostate cancer.
Prevention of prostatitis: the sooner the better
Urologists recommend taking preventive measures against prostate inflammation for every man who has reached the milestone of 30 years. From this moment on, the risk of developing prostate inflammation increases significantly.
It is necessary to start prevention of prostatitis at an earlier age, if the type of activity of a man is determined by the following factors:
- Driving for a long time, accompanied by tremors - drivers of cars and heavy vehicles, train drivers;
- sitting for a long time in one place - office workers;
- lives normally in conditions with low temperature and high humidity.
Use the easiestmethods of prostatitis preventionat a young age, a man can enjoy a full life and quality sexual relations, as well as increase his life expectancy, preventing the dangerous consequences of this disease.
Instructions for the prevention of prostatitis
With age, natural processes begin to occur in the body of any person, which can contribute to the weakening of local and general immunity, resulting in an increased risk of developing various diseases. If we talk about the preservation of men's health, then the main goals of such prevention are as follows:
- prevention of stagnant processes in the pelvis and prostate gland in particular;
- strengthen the immune system;
- protection against infection;
- keep the small pelvic muscles in good condition.
Such activities will help prevent not only prostatitis, but also the development of many other urological problems.
The main prevention of any disease always involves maintaining a healthy lifestyle. With regard to prostatitis, it is necessary to prevent the factors that are the main cause of the disease - congestion in the pelvis, infection, hypothermia, etc. Simple methods of primary prevention are suitable for men who have never experienced this disease before.
Preventive measures aimed at preventing the development of prostate inflammation:
- Regular balanced meals. A diet rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, unsaturated fats and other useful substances, together with the rejection of "unhealthy" foods, contributes to the overall health of the body, which in itself implies strengthening the immune system and protects against many diseases, includinginflammationIt is important to drink enough water every day - this is necessary to avoid stagnation of secretions in the prostate gland.
- sports. It is good if a man has the opportunity to visit the gym several times a week and do a set of exercises aimed at maintaining overall tone. A good alternative is regular jogging, swimming, hockey, tennis and other sports. You can buy a treadmill for your home - 20 minutes of running every day or brisk walking will normalize the blood flow in the pelvic area and minimize the chances of getting prostatitis.
- It is useful to walk every day in the fresh air. In addition, urologists recommend doing simple morning exercises aimed at increasing overall blood flow and stretching major muscle groups. Well-known exercises such as "birch", "bridge", "bicycle" are suitable as daily measures for the primary prevention of prostatitis - they train the pelvic muscles well and are easy to perform.
- Stimulation of secretion outflow. Sex is ideal for this purpose - frequent intimate intercourse not only contributes to the outflow of secretions from the prostate, but also improves blood circulation in the pelvis, improves the tone of the whole body, and has a positive effect on a person's emotional sphere. men, which is important to maintain overall health. As a stimulation of secretion outflow, masturbation is also welcome.
- STI prevention. Infection is one of the main causes of prostatitis, so it is important to prevent infection with infectious diseases, especially those that are sexually transmitted. To do this, you need to have a proven sexual partner and try to avoid casual contact, in extreme cases, use a condom.
- Kegel exercises. The easiest exercise to train the pubococcygeal muscles improves blood circulation in the pelvic area. To understand how to strain it, you need to try to hold the flow for a few seconds while urinating, after which you should perform such manipulations with an empty bladder. Repeat this exercise as often as possible throughout the day.
Secondary prevention of prostatitis
It is necessary for men who have already experienced an acute or subacute inflammatory process in the prostate gland, as well as for patients diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, when the main goal of prevention is stable remission of the disease. Usually, preventive measures are prescribed immediately after the patient undergoes treatment for the acute stage of the disease.
First of all, the prevention of prostatitis involves regular visits to the urologist: only a qualified specialist can fully assess the clinical picture and choosepreventive medicine for prostatitisrequired in each specific case. It is important to take into account the treatment methods used in the acute stage of the disease. In the first year after prostatitis treatment, patients are registered and recommended to be seen by a urologist every 3 months, for the next 3 years a man should visit a doctor every 6 months.
Treatment and prevention of prostatitisclosely related to each other: already at the stage of treating subacute inflammation, doctors can recommend exercises and drugs that have a more preventive and strengthening effect. At the same time, against the background of long-term prophylaxis, situations may arise when the prescription of additional drugs is necessary to treat the pathology that has arisen and prevent the development of acute inflammation.
Secondary prevention of prostatitis includes:
- the use of medicines and food supplements;
- prostate massage;
- special physical education.
At the same time, one should not neglect the main preventive methods, because their actions will help restore men's health quickly and, if the above recommendations are followed for a long time, the risk of the disease becoming chronic is minimized.
Medicines to prevent prostatitis
For prophylactic purposes, drugs based on natural substances are mainly prescribed, which stimulate the work of the prostate gland. At the same time, as part of the complex treatment and subsequent prevention of prostatitis, drugs of multidirectional action can be used - immunomodulators, anti-inflammatory, stimulating, etc.
It should be noted that any medication, including food supplements, can be taken only after consultation with a urologist. Self-selection of prophylactic agents is unacceptable!
Gained great popularitypills for the prevention of prostatitis- food supplement with components obtained from the prostate of a bull. They have a significant effect on the work of the male prostate gland:
- stimulate its activity;
- overcome the inflammatory process in the prostate;
- increase secretion production;
- normalizes metabolism in the prostate;
- relieve swelling;
- avoid congestion.
What to take to prevent prostatitis? At a consultation with a urologist, you can choose one of the following drugs:
- with creeping palm fruit extract;
- selective blockers of alpha-adrenergic receptors;
- with protein and nucleoprotein complexes isolated from bovine prostate gland;
- based on sabal palm extract, cruciferous plant and green tea.
Due to its effectiveness and safety, suppositories based on gobies prostate extract have gained great popularity. They act narrowly: the active substance penetrates the prostate area through the rectal wall. Such drugs have almost no contraindications and side effects, therefore, they can be prescribed in the presence of concomitant diseases.
If the patient has a history of prostatitis provoked by an infection, to preserve men's health, it is also necessary to use immunomodulatory and antiviral drugs. For men with infectious prostatitis, at the end of the acute stage of the disease, drugs based on azoximer bromide or interferon alfa-2b are prescribed. Prostatitis of bacterial etiology involves taking antibacterial drugs, selected individually after testing for sensitivity to antibiotics.
Prevention of chronic prostatitis in menrequires periodic intake of prostate stimulant medication. For a long course, supplements are ideal, which contain strong natural ingredients. For such patients, urologists can prescribe pills:
- supplements based on dry extract of the Chinese fungus cordyceps;
- preparations whose active ingredients are the crushed fruits of dwarf palm trees;
- medicine based on water- and fat-soluble pollen fractions from wheat, rye and prairie timothy grass.
The composition of the preventive complex should also include vitamins. They improve blood circulation and strengthen the walls of blood vessels, normalize blood flow in the pelvis, serve as an additional prevention against the development of prostate adenoma and cancer. Most importantvitamins to prevent prostatitis- A, D, E and K.
In the pharmacy you can buy a complex preparation, which already contains all the vitamins and other useful components necessary for the prevention of prostatitis. One of these remedies is a preparation that includes vitamin E, copper, L-glutamine and L-alanine, zinc, lysine, as well as extracts of Icelandic moss, pumpkin seeds, dwarf palm, burdock and many other natural components that are useful for normal functioning. prostate.
Such a procedure precisely affects the area of the prostate gland, increasing blood flow there. This allows you to weave the prostate with oxygen and nutrients that the gland will receive from the bloodstream. In addition, massage will increase the effectiveness of drugs used to treat or prevent prostatitis.
Massage is done in two ways:
- Outwardly: massage movements are performed in the area between the anus and the scrotum.
- transrectal: the massage is performed by inserting a finger through the anus into the rectum and acting directly on the gland. For the same purpose, you can buy special massage tools.
Any technique requires training from an expert. During the massage, only gentle movements lasting no more than 2 minutes are allowed. For its implementation, it is better to contact a urologist. It is important to know that prostate massage is not performed in the acute stage of the disease! In this case, it is first recommended to undergo a course of treatment for the inflammatory process.
To improve the function of the prostate gland, it is recommended to take a course of exercise therapy, where the specialist will choose physical exercises suitable for a man, aimed at improving blood circulation in the small pelvis, as well as improving the overall tone. body.